Calls to these States on restricted Do Not Call (DNC) dates could result in a potential State violation:
State Restricted Do Not Call Dates
November 1, 2020 – All Saints Day
- Louisiana - Statutory, not enforced
November 11, 2020 – Veterans Day
- Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah
November 26, 2020 – Thanksgiving Day
- Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah
November 27, 2020 – *Acadian Day
*may be proclaimed by the governor.
Canadian Restricted Do Not Call Dates
November 11, 2020 – Remembrance Day
State Restricted Do Not Call (DNC) Calling Rules & Exemptions
- Alabama’s telephone service rules only apply to telephone utilities, including local exchange companies, resellers (local and toll), interexchange carriers, customer-owned, coin-operated telephone service providers, and all providers of telecommunications service operating within the State of Alabama under the jurisdiction of the Alabama Public Service Commission.
- Louisiana exempts calls where prior consent was obtained and business to business calls.
- Mississippi exempts any telemarketer who has an established business relationship (existing or within the last six months) with the person being called.
- Pennsylvania exempts calls made in response to an express request of the consumer, in reference to an existing debt or those with whom the telemarketer has an existing business relationship within the previous 12 months.
- Rhode Island statute only prohibits “unsolicited telephonic sales calls” on legal holidays.
- Utah exempts calls made with prior express consent.
“2020 November Restricted Do Not Call Dates.” Contact Center Compliance, 2020, www.dnc.com/news/2020-november-restricted-do-not-call-dates?utm_campaign=Restricted+Call+Dates.